An essential accessory for opening wine bottles, in the hotel and restaurant sector, without a doubt, is the professional corkscrew.
Have you ever experienced the desperate situation of having a bottle of wine in your hands, but no corkscrew nearby?
With this useful element, you can enjoy a good bottle of wine in the company of your loved ones, turning this moment into a special experience, worth keeping in your memories.
However, not everything is there, to facilitate its use it is necessary to learn how to use this accessory and take advantage of the functionalities that a professional corkscrew can offer to open a bottle.
Find out how to use a professional corkscrew properly by following simple steps that will allow you to enjoy a good glass of wine in just a few minutes.
There are different types of corkscrews on the market, with which you can open a bottle of wine correctly and effortlessly.
For many, this action is a simple task, but it can get complicated if we fail in the technique of use, and may even cause accidents or hurt our hands.
Professional corkscrews have their way of use and here we will tell you how to use them in each case.
How to use a corkscrew
The lever corkscrew is the most recommended for beginners due to its easy handling.
By following these simple steps you can uncork the bottle and enjoy a glass of wine:
- Place the lever corkscrew around the neck of the bottle.
- Lower the lever until the thread is inserted into the cork.
- Lift the lever until the cork is removed.
The cork extraction process must be slow, in this way, you will prevent it from breaking inside the bottle, which could complicate the enjoyment of the content.
The winged corkscrew is the most used in the home since it allows you to open a bottle of wine without making efforts.
This type of corkscrew is large compared to the others.
To know how a wing corkscrew works, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Rest the base of the winged corkscrew at the base of the neck of the bottle and twist the top so the corkscrew loops into the cork.
- Then lower the corkscrew arms fully to remove the cork.
Simple or T-shaped corkscrew
The simple or T-shaped professional corkscrew is very useful although it is necessary to have the experience to be able to use it since it requires certain skills.
If you want to know how to use a simple corkscrew, follow these simple steps:
- Carefully screw the metal end into the cork.
- Hold the bottle firmly.
- Pull out the cork hard.
Screw-on corkscrews are resistant and, although their use is simple, it is necessary to use force to be able to extract the cork. It is ideal for beginners.
This corkscrew has a metal cap and a crank.
To uncork a bottle of wine with the screw corkscrew you must follow the following steps:
- Attach the metal cap to the neck of the bottle.
- Insert the metal end of the crank by turning it in the same direction until the cork comes out of the bottle.
Reed corkscrews have two blades that are used as pliers to remove the cork.
This type of corkscrew is used to uncork old wine bottles since its blades prevent the cork from being damaged.
By following the following steps you will learn how a foil corkscrew works:
- Insert the corkscrew blades between the space between the cork and the glass.
- Push forcefully – turning in a spiral – outwards until the cork comes out.
Electric corkscrews or electric openers are accessories used to uncork bottles.
Some of these devices use AA batteries, and others have a battery that can be recharged by connecting it to a charger.
In four simple steps you can learn how to use an electric corkscrew:
- Remove the label from the cork.
- Place the electric corkscrew on top of the bottle making contact with the cork.
- Press the button on the electric corkscrew and wait 10 seconds, the time necessary to uncork the bottle.
- After removing the cork from the bottle, press the corkscrew button again to release the cork.
Compressed air corkscrew
The compressed air corkscrew is a very easy to use accessory, it does not require special skills or apply force as it works with air pressure.
This corkscrew is ideal for opening bottles with weak or old corks.
To uncork a bottle of wine with the compressed air corkscrew you must follow the following steps:
- Attach the needle of the compressed air corkscrew by sticking it on the cork.
- Pump air – making small movements on the handle – until the cork comes out of the bottle.
After uncorking the bottle, you will be ready to sit down and enjoy a good glass of wine.
Leave a Reply