Knitting is an old-school activity where people manipulate yarn to create fabrics. There are various methods of knitting clothes, while hand-made knits and machine-made knits are the most common forms. So, one might have seen their parents or grandparents knitting clothes during their childhood, but in today’s scenario, people don’t hand-knit clothes as often.
What comes to mind when you think of Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada? An astute editor-in-chief, whose fashion sense combined with business acumen, made her magazine the sole authority on fashion trends. Her character may be fictional, but her job is not. Read on to know what you can glean from the right fashion degree to set you on a successful career path in this glamorous industry.
The ongoing pandemic has made wearing a face mask indispensable. Face masks such as the p2 mask, N95 mask, and surgical mask are crucial for the safety of front-line workers and the public to reduce the spread of the virus. Choosing the correct face mask is thus very important. It should not only be of good quality but also should be comfortable to the wearer.
Types of face masks
Choosing the correct type of face mask is essential, based on each individual’s requirement and context. Here are the most commonly available face masks and their respective advantages:
- The p2 mask: This mask type is similar to the N95 mask in terms of safety and build. However, the main advantage is that it is made locally in Australia, according to national guidelines. On the other hand, the N95 mask follows American testing standards. The main advantage of these masks is that they are considered extremely effective against the covid-19 virus. They are especially useful for medical and front-line workers. These masks are also necessary for close relatives of confirmed patients coming into contact with them.
- Surgical mask: Surgical masks have been the most commonly used over the past few years. They are disposable masks that are very effective in filtering and blocking particle droplets and viruses from entering one’s nose or mouth. Medical and healthcare workers have been recommended to wear surgical masks. However, one of the only disadvantages of surgical masks is that they are not reusable. It is not advisable to keep reusing surgical masks. They need to be disposed of appropriately after a single-use.
- Cloth mask: Cloth masks are less effective as compared to the above options. They are made of cloth and are hence more comfortable to wear for long periods. Moreover, they are reusable and can easily be washed and disinfected. Cloth masks are recommended for precautionary everyday use to prevent getting infected and can be used by persons not coming in contact with infected patients.
Features to look for when selecting a mask
- Safety: Safety and effectiveness against the spread of the virus are the top-most priorities when selecting and using a face mask. In this respect, p2 or N95 masks are regarded as the most effective, as opposed to basic cloth masks.
- Comfort: One is often required to wear a face mask for a long period, especially while commuting or working in a common or public space. Hence, it is vital that the face mask one chooses is comfortable and not too constrictive.
- Size and quality: Choosing a good quality mask of the correct size and fit will go a long way in ensuring comfort and overall durability.
Aside from protection against viruses, face masks like the p2 mask can be useful in various situations. The increase in pollution in major cities is leading to a growing danger of respiratory diseases. Numerous studies have shown the benefits of wearing these masks when exposed to poor air quality or bushfire smoke, as they filter out fine particles. Wearing face masks in such situations can thus be extremely helpful for one’s health and safety.
Additionally, people working in various industries such as mining, electrical work, construction and welding, research laboratories and so on can benefit immensely from wearing masks as protective gear. Individuals working in industries such as food processing, farming, and gardening can also benefit immensely from the use of face masks.
Typically worn by dancers, dancewear comprises various components like suits, armbands, accessories and dancing shoes. These clothes and accessories are preferred highly by dancers for the various benefits they provide. Meanwhile, dancing shoes are some of the most common accessories sold in the dancewear industry.
Lingerie shopping is indeed a tedious task. The diversity over endless brands and types often leaves buyers confused. Categorisation and influencer marketing are two methods that anyone can agree to have “cleared the air” and given users a better understanding and the choice to purchase products of their liking.
The fashion evolution has changed people’s perspective of clothing. Although a bralette by definition is an unstructured bra having no underwire or lining and minimal padding, it is also worn as a crop/vest top as it offers a more natural fit for all bust sizes.
This sleek and comfortable garment was initially designed for fashion reasons but became an accessory that was mainly substituted for an everyday bra over time due to its versatile nature. Even today, it is considered a stylish, fashionable garment but is more affordable and chic.
Besides fashion, bralettes play a massive role in supporting women who’ve undergone surgery, pregnancy, and other breast-related health issues. Although it doesn’t provide lift and shape, These garments deliver one hundred per cent comfort, its fundamental feature.
Prevalent bralette types are – Strappy, Classic Lace Halter, Aesthetic Racerback Fit, Triangle Semi-Bra Look, and Longline Bralettes. Styling this apparel is a prevalent fashion trend. A few ways to design them are:
- A refined look comprises a button-down shirt or sheer top paired with jeans, heels, and accessories of one’s choice.
- Casual overall – a normal/oversized t-shirt with denim shorts or sweatpants and shoes will set the vibe for this look.
- Show-off – If the bralettes match one’s favourite colour or pattern, they can, by choice, be worn with a skirt or leggings as a top and footwear of one’s choice (based on overall outfit choice)
These garments have an aesthetic component that makes them versatile and a funky replacement to regular everyday bras or crop tops.
When it comes to size, lingerie and bras often have confusing fittings for different brands. It doesn’t vary as much with bralettes and is easier to pick a size corresponding to under and overbust measurements. Sizing up is recommended for buyers in between sizes and sizing down if they prefer something more snug.
The brand, fabric, and style decide this factor, and it’s mainly on the affordable side as it doesn’t require much effort owing to the different types of bras available in the market.
The manufacture of this apparel now exists in almost every country and can be easily purchased from branded lingerie stores or on their online websites.
- Comfort & Coverage:
The key element one looks for in lingerie they purchase is the comfort factor. It shouldn’t make the user conscious of the fact that they have a brassiere on! Since bralettes are technically unstructured bras, they’re often the chosen ones when it comes to everyday wear.
This garment is the best suit for deep-necked or low-cut tops/dresses due to its variety.
- Protection from Heat: In countries like Australia, with summers for a good four months and an easily accessible beachside, bralette-based fits are often preferred due to their airy and light feel.
- Travel: This apparel can easily be a travel staple due to its versatile nature and suits almost every body type. Be it a vacation with friends or family, bralettes can never let anyone down!
- Health Conditions:
Certain conditions specific to the female body type prefer the use of bralettes than regular bras simply because of its comfort factor:
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome): During this period, breasts are subject to swelling and other conditions, making it uncomfortable to have a bra on all day.
- Pregnancy: This situation involves breastfeeding and extreme hormonal changes and causes uneasiness, sometimes making it hard to even breathe with a usual bra on.
- Surgery: Cancers and breast-reduction, etc., are common treatments women these days undergo, and their one support system in terms of lingerie can be bralettes.
Stats show that over 67% of Austin’s population is married. Ranch weddings are popular in Texas throughout the year. The rustic, versatile, beautiful feel of ranches can enhance the vibrancy and elegance of your weddings. While there are several ranch venues in Austin, it’s critical to book your venue early to avoid last-minute confusion.
There is no doubt that you can pull off your dream wedding on a budget. But, how about planning the big day in three months? A lot of people start to plan their special day at least one year in advance. Indeed, everyone says that you should plan your wedding over a long period of time since there is so much to do. But, this is not possible for everyone. Sometimes, depending on your own personal circumstances, you will only have a few months to get ready. Well, know that it is perfectly possible to plan an amazing wedding in three months. Here is how you can do it.
I have just done finishing making over 300 face masks with fabric at home. I have not done it for any business purpose; it is completely for me and my whole family. The most interesting fact is that for a DIY face mask you don’t even need a sewing machine. Actually, it is super easy, completely safe, and fun if you know the process how to make a face mask with fabric. Here, you will get to know two super easy DIY methods to make a face mask with fabric with or without elastic completely at home.
There are things that you are probably to do when moving overseas. One of them is bidding farewell to your friends and colleagues. However, some things are easy to forget, and it is essential to plan for them. Although the Wridgways international removalist can get you to the place you are relocating to, your mandate is to ensure all your things are in order. It will necessitate you to have a checklist, but you do not have to worry as we got you covered. Read on to know the things to include in an index when relocating overseas.
When buying gifts, people often ask what’s appropriate or what’s best to give. Should you give clothing, a home décor item or money? Well, a gift that you can never go wrong with is a piece of jewellery.