Are you planning to get Botox injections in San Diego? You should know that more than two million people get Botox Cosmetic treatments each year.
With such a high number, there are bound to be some customers who need a few pointers on how they can pick the right place for getting Botox San Diego and make sure their treatment is fine after it has been done.
Here are some factors to consider concerning Botox and tips on avoiding them.
- Make Sure Your Botox Specialist is Board-Certified
All physicians who perform Botox cosmetic treatments in San Diego should be board-certified dermatologists or plastic surgeons, not just anyone, but those with special training in injecting, such as the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Some physicians do Botox Cosmetic treatments after attending a 6-week course. It is not nearly enough training to master the skill that comes with years of experience. Make sure you check out your prospective providers’ profiles on their website before deciding.
- Talk to Your Botox Specialist about the Right Dose and the Areas to Treat
The dose of Botox you get depends on what area and how many muscles you want to treat. For example, if you wish to treat crow’s feet around your eyes, your doctor will inject a tiny amount in different spots. However, if you plan to get Botox in multiple areas, make sure you choose a certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has ample experience treating various body parts.
- Find Out How Long the Treatment is Going to Take and What You Can Do in the Meantime
Most commonly, Botox cosmetic treatments are not very time-consuming, and patients can continue with their other activities soon after arriving at the clinic. Some physicians require that their patients go straight into the treatment room while others allow them to wait in the reception area while the specialist is setting up. Either way, you should find out what can be done while that is happening.
- Questions to Ask After the Treatment
Your Botox specialist should discuss the procedure after it has been done and tell you about the muscles treated and how much toxin has been used. Some after-treatment questions include:
- How long will the results last?
- How to take care of it after it has been done?
- How does Botox cosmetic treatment affect pregnancy and nursing?
Your physician for Botox in San Diego should explain what you need to do if side effects, such as drooping eyelids, double vision, itchiness, occur.
- Find Out if You Need Another Treatment in the Future (And If So, When?)
The University of California in San Diego claimed that Botox injections lessened depression in some patients after treatment. Therefore, you should know what to expect during your first Botox cosmetic treatment in San Diego, but it is also essential to be aware of the necessity for follow-up injections.
The rule of thumb is that if results are not satisfactory after three months, you must revisit your specialist and get yourself checked.
- Make Sure Your Botox Specialist Follows Up With A Post-Treatment Process
There are four things your physician should do to take care of you after the procedure is done:
- Check-in on you within 24 hours, making sure that there are no immediate side effects.
- Request photos before and after treatment to compare results if it is your first time in their clinic.
- Give you injection technique tips to do the injections yourself, if desired.
- Give you a prescription for an over-the-counter pain reliever if necessary.