YouTube is today one of the most faithful companions of the Internet user. However, that old “acquaintance” also houses some “secrets.” The Go-Gulf.com portal reveals them in this fun infographic:
- Chad Hurley , Steve Chen and Jawed Karim were the founders of YouTube .
- The idea of creating YouTube came about when Chad Hurley and Steve Chen had some trouble sharing videos that had been recorded at a party at Chen’s apartment in San Francisco.
- Google bought YouTube in November 2006 for 1,650 million dollars.
- The price for which Google acquired Google equals the value of the 5 Airbus A380 , the largest passenger aircraft in the world.
- YouTube is the third most visited portal in the world, according to the Alexa index .
- The first video uploaded to YouTube was “Me at the zoo” by Jawed.
- The most popular YouTube video is Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” music video .
- 78% of YouTube web traffic comes from outside the United States . This country accounts for only 22% of visits to the famous online video portal.
- Follow the United States by number of visits to YouTube Japan (6.7%), Germany (4.8%), India (4.8%), United Kingdom (3.7%), Italy (3.7 %), Brazil (3.6%), Mexico (3.6%), France (3.3%) and Spain (2.7%).
- Internet users between 18 and 34 years old (35%) are the most similar to YouTube. They are followed by users between 35 and 49 years (23%), those between 12 and 17 years (19%), those over 50 years (19%), and children between 3 and 11 years (3% ).
- YouTube generates 2 billion views every day .
- YouTube accounts for 10% of all internet traffic .
- The user invests an average of 900 seconds a day on YouTube.
- The average duration of videos on YouTube is 2 minutes and 46.17 seconds .
- A total of 150,000 feature films are uploaded to YouTube throughout the week .
- 829,440 videos are uploaded to YouTube daily .
- YouTube uploads 10 videos per second .
- Videos that are added up to 24 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute .
- There are so many videos on YouTube that the internet user would take 1,700 years to watch each and every one of them.
- YouTube has content agreements with more than 10,000 entertainment industry partners , including giants such as Disney.
- Gmail alone represents potentially 6.375 Exa bytes ( 6,375,000,000 GB).
- Google would have 2 million servers (in 2008) or 2% of the servers in the world.
- 0.01% of the world’s electricity is consumed by Google.
- The different search portals have 99.99% up-time.
You may also like to read, how to find network security key on my android phone. To know more visit our blog https://ltechuk.com/.
Leave a Reply