If you’re contemplating a renovation or redecoration of your home then you should consider the benefits of double glazing if you don’t already have it. Modern designs bring a wide range of benefits and of course, add value to your property. Here are just some of the reasons why double glazing is a great idea:
- Living next to a busy road or up close and personal with your neighbours can mean suffering from significant levels of noise pollution. Double glazing is perfect for noise insulation and will reduce the amount of outside noise that penetrates your home. Having double glazing installed for living rooms and bedrooms can lead to a much more peaceful existence.
- Modern double glazing is very low maintenance. It’s easy to clean with your usual glass cleaners and the sills will wipe clean with a little soapy water. You could even benefit from easy-clean technology, giving you cleaner windows than you’ve ever had before with no extra effort on your part. For a Gloucester Double Glazing company you could visit sites such as firmfix.co.uk/.
- Older glass with a single pane can weaken over time and if your house is a few decades old then it’s probably time for an update. Why wait for an unfortunate accident or breakage when you can upgrade to modern glazing that comes with very long guarantees.
- If you would like to have a more energy-efficient home then double glazing is the way forward. A lot of air can escape through old windows, letting the heat out and cold in, meaning your heating is having to work harder and costing you more money. That extra pane of glass can make a great deal of difference, so your home doesn’t have to work so hard. Better thermal insulation can save you a considerable amount on your energy bills over the course of a year.
- Your home will look like it’s had a makeover when you have new windows installed. You’ll be amazed at how much better and newer your home looks now you’ve increased its curb-side appeal. The glass will be shiny and new, the frames as stylish or practical as you choose and you’ll have instantly added value to the property should you be thinking of selling up in the near future.
- Having double glazing installed is not as intrusive as you might imagine. Often it can be done in just a day and it’s a quick, easy home improvement to achieve as you don’t need any special planning permission, unless it’s a listed building.
- For the security-conscious, double glazing is by far the safest option as an extra pane of sturdy glass makes it even harder to break through. New windows also mean better locking mechanisms, giving you extra peace of mind that when you’re out or asleep in bed, both you and your belongings are safer than before.