Making a pot in Minecraft is a way for players to cook food and make other items. To do this, you need to get some clay from the surface of the game world and then put it in a furnace. After that, put the cooked clay balls in your inventory and arrange them like this.
Get a furnace
Once you have a furnace, you must fuel it. You can use coal, but the best fuel is charcoal. Charcoal is created by smelting wood in a furnace. To do this:
- Place wood logs in the top-left slot of your furnace’s GUI (the area with the three slots).
- Click “Smelt” to process them into charcoal.
Once you have some coal or charcoal, you can use it to power up your furnace and make things with it!
Get some clay
Go to a clay deposit and get some clay. You can do this by digging the dirt with your hands or by using a shovel.
You can also get a small amount of clay from a clay vein, which is blocks of different types that look like dirt but are actually made up of stone and ore within them (such as coal). These veins are often found underground, but they were added in the 1.8 updates so they might not be available to you yet!
When you’re mining any type of block in Minecraft, there’s always a chance that it won’t be the one you want and that’s where mining tools come in handy! For example, if you’re trying to mine coal but instead end up with iron ore instead. Your pickaxe will help ensure that there’s no wasted time spent looking for what you need instead!
Cook the clay in the furnace
Now that you have the clay and a furnace, it’s time to actually cook the pot. This is what you do:
- First, place your piece of clay in your inventory. You can now see it as an item (if it isn’t already) by opening your inventory with ‘I’ or ‘B’.
- Next, open up the furnace GUI by right-clicking on the furnace with an empty hand. Click on ‘Crafting’ in this new window and scroll down until you find ‘Pottery’. Now drag and drop your clay onto this icon to use it as fuel.
- Finally, hit craft! If all goes well, then congratulations! You’ve now made yourself a lovely new pot!
Put the clay balls in your inventory
To make a pot, you’ll need to put clay balls in your inventory. You can get clay balls by mining a clay block or by smelting clay in a furnace.
Once you have some clay balls, drag them from your inventory onto the crafting table. This will open up the crafting interface (shown below) and allow you to make different items with your materials.
If you want to use them right away, place the clay blocks on top of each other vertically in any sort of shape that resembles a pot and then right-click them once they’re done shaping it.
Arrange it like this in your inventory
Now that you have the materials needed to make a pot, you can start crafting it.
- Place a clay ball in the middle of your inventory. You’ll see its shape appear on the screen in the middle of all the other items in your inventory.
- Place a wooden plank in each corner of your inventory: one on the bottom left, one on the top right and another on the bottom right (see picture). This is called “arranging” or “stacking” items in your inventory so they’re ready for crafting later on!
Made with crafting recipes?
You can make a pot in Minecraft by crafting it. Crafting is the process of combining materials to create something new, like a pot, or anything else you could want to make. You can find crafting recipes for pots in your crafting menu, but if you’re looking for more detailed instructions or want to learn how to make other things than just pots (like bread), check out our article on making cooking recipes!
To craft a pot:
- Open the Crafting Menu by pressing E on PC or X on Xbox One/PS4 and selecting “Crafting Table”. If you’re using an older version of Minecraft and don’t have access to this feature yet, open up your inventory by pressing C while playing the game and select “Crafting Table” from there!
- Drag three clay blocks onto your recipe panel at left (or right depending on which platform you play).
- Click on one of the clay blocks that are now stacked together at the top left corner of your inventory panel with an empty hand (or mouse button) selected after clicking “Done”. This will drop three clay balls into your inventory which will be used as ingredients for creating a new item called Pottery Wheel!
The Placement of the Pot
Now that you have your lid and pot, it’s time to place them.
To place a pot, right-click on the ground where you want it to go. It will appear as a 2×2 grid of pixels on the ground (or 3×3 if you hold shift). The bottom row is always lined up with your cursor so that when you place it down, all of those pixels are inside the pot. Make sure not to put any torches below the bottom row!
Once your pot is placed correctly, right-click again while holding shift to rotate it 90 degrees and then put a torch above each side until they light up all four sides of your new little house!
Now you have a container that you can use to store things! It is important to note that when placing items in the pot, they must be placed one at a time. If you try putting more than one item into the pot at once, it will not work.
Leave a Reply