Currently, personal care has taken an unexpected role. Decrease processed foods, start a vegetable-based diet and include simple green smoothies in our routines are some of the most popular options to achieve this goal.
As mentioned above, one of the most popular preferences at present is the incorporation of juices or green smoothies in our daily diet, this is due to the important benefits they give to our body.
Why are simple green smoothies so important?
One of the main attractions of green drinks is the healthy dynamic with which fruits and vegetables are incorporated into our routine without much effort. In doing so, we have the opportunity to take advantage of all its nutrients in a conscious and natural way.
The simple green smoothies are made with a variety of fruits and vegetables. However, we can also add other elements that enrich even more the power of these drinks. Among these, we can mention:
- Liquids like coconut water.
1. Attractiveness of green juices
Normally, it is recommended that simple green smoothies and fruit smoothies be ingested in the morning, before any other food, as Green Society explains. In this way, it will be easier for our body to assimilate the nutrients and also absorb their own vitamins.
Another benefit of green shakes is that they help our body get rid of the toxic elements that we can ingest throughout the day, thanks to the fact that they offer an important amount of nutrients.
Green smoothies have a very low caloric level, help eliminate impurities, stimulate the metabolism of our body and are an excellent natural complement to our meals and snacks.
You may continue reading: Drinking diets: sometimes to lose weight, you should not eat, but drink!
2. Difference between green juices and smoothies
Although it is very easy to confuse these two terms, we must clarify that there is an important difference between them.
The simple green smoothies are able to provide all the fiber contained in the fruits that we include in them. On the other hand, green juices, lacking fiber, make our bodies absorb them more quickly and easily.
For the simple fact of including fiber in their preparation, green shakes have a satiating capacity when consuming them, so they are highly recommended as afternoon snacks as they help to reduce anxiety.
According to Victoria Boutenko, author of the book ” The revolution of green smoothies” and cited by Ecoagricultor, green juices have a shorter time of oxidation compared to that of shakes. Therefore, if you want to prepare a drink for several days and keep all its properties, it is preferable that you opt for a smoothie.
3. Benefits of green smoothies
Apart from the benefits we have mentioned, green shakes have other qualities that make an important contribution to the health of our body. Among these, we can mention the following:
- Through them, we can cleanse our organism of impurities and toxins.
- Thanks to the chlorophyll that most of the vegetables used in green juices possess, we can increase the level of oxygen in the blood, which helps us to have more energy and greater agility.
- They help to strengthen our immune system.
- They can alkalize the natural pH of the blood.
4. Green smoothies recipes
Green pear and matcha smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk (250 ml).
- 1 chopped spinach (250 g).
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice (125 ml).
- 1 medium pear
- 1 teaspoon powdered green tea or matcha tea (7 g).
- Mix all the ingredients very well until you get a creamy and delicious drink. If you want, you can add ice and honey to taste.
5. Orange and Spinach Smoothie
- 1 peeled orange
- 1 banana.
- 1/2 cup of coconut water (125 ml).
- 1 cup of spinach (250 g).
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds or hemp (15 g).
- Ice and honey to taste.
- Before starting this recipe, be sure to wash all ingredients thoroughly. Emphasize spinach.
- After you have everything very clean, add the ingredients to the blender until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- You can use the amount you like of coconut water. This will provide you with many nutrients and is really delicious.
6. Green mango and coconut vegetarian smoothie
- 1 cup of spinach (250 g).
- 2 frozen mangoes, chopped into pieces.
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup orange juice (125 ml).
- 2 cups of coconut milk (500 ml).
- Ice to taste.
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (15 g).
- Coconut shredded to taste.
- Coconut butter to taste.
- In your blender add all the fruit elements and finally add the seeds.
- Do not forget to add ice to taste and decorate with pieces of mango and grated coconut.
7. Orange and Ginger Smoothie
- 2 cups of water (500 ml).
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (500 g).
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce.
- 2 oranges
- 2 bananas
- 1 cucumber
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger.
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and try them until you have a creamy and soft drink.
As you can see, there are many options to prepare simple green smoothies into your routine. Try them and decide which one you like the most so that later you incorporate it as a fixed element in your diet.