Almost all of us make a list of good intentions at the beginning of the year: stop smoking, go to the gym, take a trip … If between your wishes of 2017 you are dedicating a little more time to the house, or doing some remodeling, however, small be, today I bring you some ideas so that, with a reduced budget, you can achieve big changes.
Of course, before I start, I propose that you order all the pieces well and take the opportunity to do a review and get what you do not need or no longer use. With your spaces cleared and ordered, you can see more clearly what parts of your house need a little push.
Reduced budget: Change the layout of your furniture
Sometimes we do not realize that we do not need to spend a lot of money to get a big change: Simply redistribute the furniture we have! Rest the sofa on another wall, move the dining room to another corner or redistribute the pictures on the wall. An instant change for zero pesos.
Paint the cabinets (and doors) and change the handles
The doors sometimes go unnoticed and nevertheless they are very important elements in our decoration. If your doors are wood color you will be able to lighten and illuminate your spaces by painting them white.
With the cabinets, you can dare a little more with bright colors. Do not you want to paint? Change the shooters!
Change the textiles
If you have furniture of basic colors and simple upholstery you will achieve impressive transformations just by changing the textiles. Buy new cushions or blankets, or change the curtains. If you do not have much budget you always have the option to recycle old sweaters and blankets and make them yourself. Get ahead of the cold!
Renew one or more walls
The color of the walls completely changes the look of an environment, so if you want to give a little joy to your living room, you can paint one of the walls with a color that matches your decor. Again, you do not want or can not paint? Then the fastest and most effective option is a vinyl!
Paint antique furniture
Maybe you’ve already gotten tired of that comfort you’ve had since you left your parents’ house or that chair you bought from your grandmother’s house, but you’re sorry to get rid of them … No need! With a little paint, you can give them a new life and completely renew your decoration with just a couple of strokes.
A new backrest for your bed
In addition to changing the bedding and painting the walls, you can get a new look for your piece with a different backing. If you have a traditional one, you can choose a more modern one, or even do it yourself! Do you want a major change? So I propose that you eliminate the backrest and paint the wall with a solid color or vertical stripes. You can place some shelves on top, or even a couple of maxi tiles.
Change the photos of your frames
Had it occurred to you? Surely in 2016, you have lived fabulous moments that are worth printing and reviving every day.
Redecorate the coffee table
I recommend that you prefer to be minimalist, regardless of the decorative style you like. That is, you choose few elements to decorate your coffee table. Also combine useful objects with other merely decorative, for example, magazines or boxes with a figure or a small pot with a plant.
Add plants to your decor
If you do not have plants at home, this is the time to introduce them to your decoration! A slender palm tree or a leafy plant with green foliage inside a beautiful flowerpot will give a totally renewed look to any space, including the bathroom!
Take furniture outside and vice versa
It is the latest trend and the effect is wonderful. It consists of breaking the established norm and daring to use furniture that is normally of interiors in the exteriors and vice versa. For example, what if the end of summer motivates you to put rattan chairs in your living room?
Doing remodeling at home does not necessarily lead to excessive expenses. We must tell you to give a different touch to your home with the reduced budget, if possible through a simple work such as, for example, a coat of paint.
Follow these best ideas to renovate your home with a reduced budget
- Always use flowers and vases. They will give shine and originality to any space in the house. The vases, on the other hand, can be decorative even without flowers.
- We reiterate that a coat of paint with the right color rekindles any place. In addition, this can also be done with furniture, doors, and windows. For example, replace a varnish with a lacquer.
- It is not necessary to replace the furniture. You can choose to upholster them and this will surely cost much less than buying new ones.
- When it comes to buying furniture, take advantage of maximizing the dimensions using folding furniture, such as chairs, tables, etc. Being foldable does not mean that they are few aesthetics. Search for options
- Buy decorative items at garage sales or flea markets. You will always find items in good condition and low budget, with which you can decorate perfectly.
- Use mirrors, cushions, and books to decorate.
- It also uses the recyclable material with which you can make crafts.
- If you want to renew completely, you must also make some changes to your home, because according to experts, this will allow you to modify the energies that surround you. Of course, you should look for an efficient way to do it without your bank account coming out badly hurt.
Although you do not grow it, you do not need a millionaire the reduced budget to renovate your house. You just have to learn to plan and decide to make the necessary changes yourself. In fact, remodeling can become an excellent opportunity to spend time with your family.
Maybe you’re interested: http://www.bulksgo.com/decorate-a-house/